12826847

I am currently filing for divorce. There are three names on

Customer Question

I am currently filing for divorce. There are three names on the title deeds; my mother, who is registered disabled and has had two recent disablement grants awarded which has seen the ground floor extensively adapted for her needs plus new paths allowing access for a wheelchair. I am also on the deeds as I am her registered carer and then my wife. I am on a small pension of just £7145 per year. My wife will be moving into council accommodation with her rent paid for and all benefits. Where do I, and my mother stand regarding my wife who may try to make a one third claim on the property as no company will grant me a loan as I am now 63 years old and on low income and the residue left if the property was sold would be insufficient to purchase another especially with my mother's disabled requirements.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage/loans

How long have you lived with your ex?

How old is your ex?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The property is worth approx. £95000 and there is no mortgage. My wife and I have lived here since 1993 and she is 59 years old. We moved here to look after my mother following the death of my father.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please reply on line. My e-mail address is***@******.***
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If it is not possible to give required information via e-mail, you may continue via this online conversation.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Were you parents the original owners - if so did you"buy into" the property?