29905560

Can I take legal action against a client for bullying I work

Customer Question

can I take legal action against a client for bullying I work for my husband I answer the phone etc we have a client that is really spiteful and arrogant can I take this further he is very demanding ? I am scared to reply to him now because of the way he is thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

Please can you provide some more information on what exactly this client has been doing and how long it has been going on for?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
we been working for him for about 4mth anyrhing all he done as conplaneed in , he demands stuff for yesterday if that make sence I feel because I'm dyslexic he picks on me personally with email
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
It would be better to talk as I can explain better than writing sorry
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

I am unable to talk at the moment as I am in court today but please leave it with me and I will get back to you at the earliest opportunity.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

Actually I may be able to talk shortly as will be driving, will make an offer now

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
We will have to carry on with the email so away I can't afford to pay another £44
Can you help me please
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 21 days ago.

I will answer you here for now. Bullying is not something you can just take legal action against. Even if you were an employee and bullied, the law does not allow a direct action for this. You will have to consider other ways to try and take this further.

For example, there is the law of harassment, which could be both a civil matter and a criminal one. The law states that a person must not pursue a course of conduct which amounts to harassment of another and which he or she knows or ought to know amounts to harassment. Although there is no definition of what specifically amounts to harassment, it would usually include alarming a person or causing them distress and must have occurred on at least two occasions.

You also have to consider what effects this may have on the business relationship – taking legal action could result in your contract being terminated as he does not have to carry on working with you.

Therefore, you may wish to reconsider whether you want to sue straight away or try to resolve this another way first. For example your husband can approach the client on your behalf and express his disappointment of how you are being treated and state that this will not be tolerated any further.

However, if that does not help and things continue then you do have the option of taking it further under harassment legislation but do try and use that as a last resort.

Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars. I can continue answering follow up questions and in particular can also discuss the steps you need to take should you decide to take things further. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can still continue this discussion. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 20 days ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail? In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.