12826847

I live in high rise flat built i think late 60.s early 70's.

Customer Question

I live in high rise flat built i think late 60.s early 70's. The laying Laminate flooring onto the concrete floor in the flat above has made the noise unbearable. My council say the tennants are not in breach of builing regs and the change is cosmetic so they can do nothing.
However I have noticed on the net Noise control in buildings for residential use in England and Wales is regulated using Approved Document E. This Building Regulation now applies to any kind of building used as a dwelling, including houses and apartments;
I beleive the aim of the regulation is to protect residents from the noise of activities in other rooms or adjoining properties. My question is "Is my local Council / Housing Authority bound by Approved Document E.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Does the Council own the block?