12826847

My daughter had/has a fixed term tenancy agreement. After

Customer Question

My daughter had/has a fixed term tenancy agreement. After she moved in we realised the house had many issues..bad condensation damp/ leaking roof/ mould behind plasterboard in her room. Lack of hearing etc etc..it was also affecting her health. We did all the right things, letters etc then the landlord offered to release her from her tenancy if she wanted. She accepted the offer..the landlord then tricked her into moving out within a week pretending there was a new tenant, then with less than 34 hours notice ( including a sunday) told her that new tenant was never confirmed and she had to keep paying rent until new tenant was found. Obv with this much notice she had already found and paid for new accommodation.
If l/l offered release is she still liable for early termination clauses? And can we recover rent paid to end of month despite moving out on the 7th ( l/l originally said would refund money if t/t found) ..also do we have to keep paying if no t/t now found
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What do you want to achieve please?