12826847

I have a building contract signed by the builder. It is

Customer Question

I have a building contract signed by the builder. It is reasonably well detailed and one clause states "kitchen to have a ring main fitted and all services moved for new kitchen'
The builder is saying it doesn't include plumbing although this is specified on the payment schedule. The site manager also said it didn't include plastering in the kitchen - although again the agreement clearly states 'all walls to be repaired, boarded and plastered to smooth finish'.
In my mind it is pretty unambiguous and the work is agreed. They are about to plaster areas of the kitchen but to me this is pointless if I then have to remove plaster, insert plumbing as needed and re plaster. Apart from the delay to fitting the kitchen pre christmas, can I hold back payment to builder and use this to pay another supplier should they refuse - although to me they are in breach of contract. He's got way more to lose than £200 on a plumber doing some fairly basic pipe relocation.
I can send a copy of agreement if this helps you establish a position.
Simon Woollard
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How much are they owed?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How much are they owed?