29905560

I received a caution from south Yorkshire Police in 2004 for

Customer Question

I received a caution from south Yorkshire Police in 2004 for picking up a prostitute in a red light area. It has not shown up on any basic disclosure. Will the caution still be on the PNC as it was prior 2006?
Also my step daughter has started work as an operator answering police 999 calls. Can she access such records?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

A caution would not show up on a Basic check anyway – it only shows on Standard and Enhanced ones. On a Standard check it would eventually be filtered out after 6 years. So it should no longer appear on a Standard check either. An Enhanced check can potentially show this up indefinitely if the police believe it is relevant to the job you are applying for that requires you to have this check.

In terms of your daughter’s work, it is unlikely that if she just answers emergency calls she will have access to the PNC. In any event there will be strict protocols as to what information can be accessed and this is monitored so if someone looks up information about someone else and there is no official reason for doing so, it will get flagged up. The same system applies in the health service if someone starts lookin up another person’s health records without any genuine reason.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

My full response should be visible on this page. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question or whether you need me to clarify anything else in relation to this? If your query has been answered I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating, selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page. Thank you