12826847

I changed my vehicle in June 2016 and took out insurance

Customer Question

I changed my vehicle in June 2016 and took out insurance with Halifax as they were the cheapest quote I could get on the Internet at that time, and taking my No Claims Bonus into account paid approx £31.00 per month .
In July the Halifax sent me a letter saying that they had been notified of an "undisclosed claim" dated July 2013, and were increasing my premium and payments effectively to £55.00 per month. I am in possession of a letter from my previous insurers saying that" the incident has been closed as a non-fault claim, and no claims discount has been allowed."
I have transmitted this information to the Halifax - but they say that due to me not disclosing that claim at the time of my application - the loading of my policy cannot be reduced. In view of the fact that the original claim was proved to be completely "dishonest" by the other party - and given that it was 3 years ago - I had forgotten about it, and my non-disclosure to the Halifax at the time of my application - was an over-sight on my part and not deliberate.
Is there any form of re-dress on this, as a pensioner on a very poor pension - £300 per year is a very severe penalty to pay - considering the claim against me was proven to be dishonest in the first place.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you want to achieve please?