12826847

I have just taken over the lease on a restaurant and

Customer Question

I have just taken over the lease on a restaurant and function room on the 10th October 2016.
I have a booking for the function room on New Years Night this was taken by the last owners, and I have since met with the client to discuss his needs for the evening.
I was explaining that I am closing down the function room and investing £20,000.00 to modernise the room and explained the price next year would be more expensive than the £75.00 that he was getting charged by the previous owners.
Today he has put on his face book that he will not be using this venue as the owners are charging him three times the price next year and he is moving to a new venue.
there has been a lot of comments about the new owners being greedy and that they can F...k off. As I have spent a lot of time and money cleaning up the restaurant and trying to bring in new custom I feel this unfair and untrue statement will do my image and reputation damage.
Can you please advise me on what steps I can take to stop this happening and can I claim damages against this person.
Many Thanks
Peter Challis
Nelsons Bar and Restaurant
Melville Road
Southsea
PO49TB
Tel 02392 816413
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello Peter my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?