12826847

My mother passed away on October 11th. i have two brothers

Customer Question

My mother passed away on October 11th. i have two brothers and one is the executor. However, for many years the family have been fractured and I am not on speaking terms. They never even informed me my mother was ill and I found out through a stranger. I do not know if I am included in the will or not. I am guessing her estate would be around 600K. I do not wish to approach the family because I do not wish to be accused of wanting her money which I think they would not share anyway. I think they may have persuaded her to write me out anyway a few months or years before she died. It is a horrible situation. I just would like to know. They inform me of nothing.
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: What details would you need?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Once I found out my mother was in hospital, they prevented me from saying goodbye. I found out who the funeral directors were so that I could send flowers with the assistance of the Hospital Bereavement Officer and she also informed me of who the solicitors were who were dealing with the estate. She was still in the morgue then! I attended my mothers funeral accompanied by my partner and friend who looked after my mother when she would visit me.Sadly, I have not seen her in 3 years. I am really distraught and now my doctor has put me on anti depressants and I never take medicine as I do not like to. I have no closure and I do not know what is going on. I do not know if I even have a right to know anything.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have sent a donation to Rowcroft Hospice through the funeral director who was very sympathetic and told me he deals with family rifts all the time and even approached me after my mother was buried to shake my hand to introduce himself which was lovely. I am in the process of raising more money for Rowcroft by donating all of our annual Christmas Draw funds to them. This is the only way I can feel I can deal with things in my own way at the moment. This is not about my mother's estate, rather it is about being treated in the correct manner by my family who even ignored me at the funeral as I was paying my respects to a woman who was my mother.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What do you wish to achieve?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I need to know what my rights are and whether I am entitled to know anything about my mothers estate. Would I be informed if I am not included? It would be nice to know.