29905560

I recently had medical treatment for Haemmoriods with a UK

Customer Question

I recently had medical treatment for Haemmoriods with a UK company called Ultoid. The treatment was undertaken in July but they took ages to invoice me.
I took a week off on holiday and my mother called into our house where the telephone rang, it was Ultorid. Despite explaining she was my mother, they demanded payment for the outstanding sums of £980 and said I would be blacklisted if it was not paid immediately. They then explained to her what treatment I had, which is rather embarrassing as she had no right to know. Worried/pressured she paid then with her credit card there and then.
I'm furious about it.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

What are you hoping to achieve?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Compensation
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Compensation for what exactly?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Compensation for sharing the details of the treatment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have forced my mother who is a pensioner to pay a bill that wasn't hers, disclosed private and confidential information of mine to her when they had no right to, she continues to be worried and stressed about it all and I've directly as a consequence of their actions now got to endure unneseccasy conversations about my health with someone when I don't want to. Frankly they could have been anyone ringing the house phone scamming my mother to pay up. If compensation is unlikely then at the very least I wish to ensure the medical authorities are aware.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I am afraid that compensation is indeed unlikely here. They may have disclosed confidential information about you to a third party, but you can only take action for compensation as a result if you have suffered losses as a result. You have not suffered actual losses here – you have certainly been inconvenienced but that is not the same as suffering losses.

She should not have been made to pay for this treatment but in the end she voluntarily paid for it so that would mean she had agreed to pay for it. She may be able to try and get that money back off them but I don’t expect them to just refund her so she would have to go to the small claims court to get that back. The issue with that is if she sues them they can sue you as you have still not paid them.

In terms of involving health authorities about this, as this appears to be unregulated treatment it is unlikely that the NHS or any other health organisation will take direct action against them. It does not stop you from reporting it to Trading Standards as this is who will be most likely to get involved in this situation.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.