29905560

My husband and I were involved in a car accident on the 8of

Customer Question

My husband and I were involved in a car accident on the 8of December 2015 , a lady driver came from a left hand lane and drove into the side of our car , I was the passenger , my husband was driving . As a result of the crash I had a serious case of whiplash resulting in 6 sessions of physiothapy . The damage to our car was extensive , resulting in two new doors and a new wheel . The downside is the other driver is still not admitting liability . The solicitor who is acting for me seems to be doing nothing to resolve the matter . Every time I phone I seem to be just fooled off . My son who is an architect sent them a perfectly good drawing of where the accident happened . On Thursday when I telephoned them , they said I had been sent out a letter on the 15th of October with a map so as I could pinpoint yet again where the incident happened . That's the second time they have said I was sent out letters which I never received . I just don't know what to do next . Surely after nearly one year , the case should be resolved by now . Please help . Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 20 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 20 days ago.

In an ideal world yes, this matter should have progressed further at least, if not resolved. However, it appears that there are delays for one reason or another and you need to establish why that has happened, whose fault it is and decide on how best to proceed.

It could be that the solicitor you are dealing with is simply not being efficient enough and as their client you have the right to ask them for full details of why there have been delays and why you are not receiving correspondence which they have supposedly sent. Each solicitor should have a formal complaints procedure which you can use to take your complaint further.

Also you do not have to continue using this solicitor any further. This is especially the case if you have instructed them privately. It may be more difficult to change solicitors if this is one provided under your insurance legal cover as it will have to be authorised by the insurance company.

Finally, do not despair – a claim for personal injury and associated losses can be made within 3 years of the accident date so you are still well within time to pursue this further, even if you eventually have to change solicitors.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars - this is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you still need me to clarify anything else, please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.