12826847

My 14 year old son has been excluded from school. He is

Customer Question

My 14 year old son has been excluded from school. He is alleged to have touched a number of girls in a sexually inappropriate way. He does not deny some inappropriate behaviour although he disputes some of the allegations. I am not in any way condoning his behaviour. What I am finding very difficult is the fact that in discussions with the Headmaster my wife and I have been told that 2 years ago my son was involved in an incident/incidents of a similar nature. The school failed to inform us of these incidents giving us no chance to work with my son to improve his on-going behaviour etc. So far the school have failed to give us any details of what happened, how any investigation was undertaken, what my son said at the time, what the school said to my son, what contemporaneous note were made at the time, what sanctions, if any, were applied, what was then put onto his school record, what follow up and monitoring of my son's behaviour was put in place to ensure he did not transgress again, and also for the on-going protection of his fellow students. In my view the school has absolutely failed in it's 'duty of care' both to my son, other students and to my wife and I as parents.
I am not sure what I can now do on an on-going basis to sort this out. But I do want to challenge the school over it's failures 2 years ago. My question to you is - "How do I get answers from the school to the questions I have posed above? If the school fails to provide the answers I have requested can I demand these from them? Am I able to use the Freedom of Information law? I would say that I know that any information would not be able to disclose names but this is not necessary.
I hope you can help.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?