Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am divorce now 14 years my husband stop paying the morgege

Customer Question

I am divorce now 14 years my husband stop paying the morgege 5 years ago because he became unemployed and got from the company £35to 40thousand pound still he did not pay anything dose he still gets 40 percent and did pay anything building insurance or repay outside building but he said he still will get 40percent of the house is that true
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
He has been told by court that he suppose to pay half of all the building work and the building Insurance he never payed but now he says he wants 40 percent and also I have a16 years old girl so please let me know
Zeba
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi sorry to give more question just wanted to find out about my working tax credit I just found out that they are not paying me anymore since August but my daughter still in school do they stop if she turn 16 I am still in the same as one parent and working 23hours they did not say anything that they were going to stop I did write to them about my daughter she is still in school in July
Expert:  Harris replied 12 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please could you attach the financial court order using the paperclip icon here?

Expert:  Harris replied 12 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. Please could you provide the requested information so that I can assist you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Here is the document.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thank you - how much has he not paid of the building insurance and have their been any structural repairs to the property?

Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry was away for a week he hasn't paid building insurance or any roof repair at all.
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. Have there been any structural repairs to the property, if so what have the costs been?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No there hasn't been any structural repair just few tiles change and paint the front of the wall
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. The court order specifies that he is to share the costs of any structural repairs (which there are none) and equally share the costs of the building insurance. His non-payment of his share of this does not change the order entitling him to 40% of the equity, but you would be able to claim his share of the building insurance that you have funded.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Dose this mean he still will get 40percent of the house even though he has not paid half of the mortgage for 5 years