12826847

Me and my ex husband have 3 businesses that I'm share holder

Customer Question

Me and my ex husband have 3 businesses that I'm share holder of a house worth £600.00 and 3 children together. We share custody of the children. I have moved out if the family home and am renting. I get £900.00 a month wage from 1 of the businesses and no maintenance. He's told me to go and get a job if I need more money. We set the businesses up together and I supported him. He wants me to sign my shares over to the kids and the house. What should I do. Gill
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

i shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

How long were you living together and how old are the chidlren?

How is their care shared between you?

How much are the business worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage of the matrimonial home?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Clare we have been living together 14 years and married for 11 years we have a 10,9 and 8 year old and I have a 16 year old that he has raised as his own. The mortgage has about 300.000 left on it. 1 business turned over £302.148 last year another turned over 102.639 another has only just opened. We both only take a wage of £900 a month then dividend's when needed. Phil usually takes the most as he covers all bills. The other year he took 65.000. The children's care is half as he wont let me have them. One has them 5 days one week then change over the next week.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Are you aware that the site charges extra for a phone call?

Does the shared care arrangement work for the children?

If the businesses were sold how much would they make?

Please confirm the value of the matrimonial home?