12826847

I have been in private rented accommodation for 3 years and

Customer Question

I have been in private rented accommodation for 3 years and always paid my rent on time. I have been given 3 months notice to leave as my landlord considers the property is not suitable for my present needs. I am having to live in one room upstairs as I cannot manage the stairs. I have several carers coming in to help me. Social Services and my local housing department are trying to find me somewhere suitable to live close to people who are able to support me. There are now only 6 weeks left before the date I have to quit. What are my legal rights to stay a bit longer if necessary to find accommodation. I am terrified of ending up in B&B accommodation. (This is actually being written by one of her friends who is trying to support her.)
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What would you like to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Does Penny have any legal right to stay a bit longer to find acceptable accommodation?

What type of tenancy do you have?