Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have an unpaid court fine. I paid it online using my card

Customer Question

I have an unpaid court fine. I paid it online using my card and it went through but was deposited back the following day. What should I do please? I want to get it cleared.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 8 months ago.

Hi Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Have you got a receipt from the court confirming payment? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I don't. The money left my account but was deposited back the following day
Expert:  Alex J. replied 8 months ago.

Hi Thank you. I would recommend you contact the explain what happened, and make the payment again. If you had a proof of payment then it would be the obligation of the court to chase you, as the money has been returned the fine remains unpaid - if you fail to pay it in time you could incur interest charges. Can I assist you any further? Kind regards AJ