Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I had three car accidents at the beginning of the year none

Customer Question

I had three car accidents at the beginning of the year none of which was my fault and Zurich, my insurer, bumped my renewal in August up to £5000+. This caused me great stress and I even considered giving up my car. (As a Blue Badge holder this would have greatly disadvantaged me had I done so). I had much difficulty finding another insurer and I presume Zurich had created obstacles to my doing so. Finally Age UK issued a policy for £1623 87. After that I received a copy of a letter from Zurich dated 30th. August which I had never seen before signed by Ken Drinkwater Senior Complaints Consultant in which he apologised for an error in that their quote should have been £742 38. This was a final statement as requested as demanded by Financial Ombudsman It also offered £50 in apology. I wrote on 10th. November asking them to pay out £881.49 being the difference between Age UK charge and Zurich's. No response has been received.
Is this a case which would be possible of success through Small Court action? W.Raymond Shaw.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve?

Expert:  Michael Holly replied 11 months ago.

Hi it appears Jamie has not followed up so perhaps I can help.

I would make a complaint to the Insurance Ombudsman, whose details can be obtained from your search engine.

If the insurance company have already apologised a finding against them by the Ombudsman is almost inevitable.

Whilst a ruling is not legally binding the insurance company ignore the ruling at their peril and it is most likely to lead to an improved offer.

The advantage to you is you do not have to pay a court fee or deal with such issues as legal liability.

I hope this helps. If there are any further points please reply I will be happy to respond.

Kindly rate my answer before leaving the site so that I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael