12826847

My son in law smokes cannabis he has 3 children The 15yr old

Customer Question

My son in law smokes cannabis he has 3 children The 15yr old told me she had found the drug at home
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

are you thinking of involving the police to press charges? or a matter of custody of the children?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know what the implications are if he gets found out by someone a who reports him Are the children in danger of being taken into care ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My granddaughter tackled him about it and he said it was ok.My daughter apparently told Phoebe (granddaughter) that she has no way of stopping him,and not to worry.She doesn't know Phoebe has told me and Phoebe doesn't want me to mention it .I feel concerned for the children
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, they won't take the children into care over what is, ultimately, just possession of cannabis.

The police won't even inform social services.

Unless there is concern already about the level of care being provided this will never come to the attention of social services.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for your answer.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

All the best.