Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am a a sole trader that is looking to hold events in a

Customer Question

hi there
i am a a sole trader that is looking to hold events in a local venue. the venue owners will be charging me each time i use the premises , however i will personally be investing money in to upgrading the venue and i will need to be a key holder for the premises. the client has asked that i get a contract drawn up to set things out properly and their solicitors will look over it ! and i was wondering if you could advise if there was a simple document i could amend for this
Many Thanks
Vicki
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello Vicki my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Just so you are clear, we cant draw the document up for you.

Is that ok?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thats no problem at all , i was wondering if you could possibly advise if there was a contract that i could look for to amend ( from an online document company ) i have seen lease agreements , however we are only paying each time we use the venue , we will also be advertising and promoting the venue as well as investing into buying new furniture etc , we also want to make sure that we have an agreement that they will give us some commitment if we are investing into it... ?... i have to pop out in just a sec so have no time to be able to speak online. ( thank you for the offer )

Yes this is not a lease. This is a licence. Therefore that is what you need a specific licence agreement which can be amended for each use.

You can try a Company called Simply Docs:

http://simply-docs.co.uk/Home

They have various agreements and this may work. But other than that you would need a Solicitor to draft an agreement.

To be honest, its quite specific what you want. So it may be better to get a custom agreement drawn up.