Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I rented 12 stables to a friend I agreed that she could keep

Customer Question

I rented 12 stables to a friend I agreed that she could keep 14 horses and split a couple of stables I went to check everything was OK and found out that she had 28 horses all out on a tiny field and had ruined the field she said she wanted to rent the stables for a few years and paid six months in advance , I recieved a text saying she is leaving and wants her money back as she has to look after her dad ! So she basically has moved in trashed the place and I cannot let the stables back out for a considerable time due to the damage she has caused I only have proof on text messages were do I stand I feel that I shouldn't have to return the remaining money due to our agreement and the damage caused which I need to pay to repair and the fact she kept 14 extra horses there without permission for 12 weeks were do I stand legally do I have to return the remaining balance ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

No you do not. She lied. This is breach of contract.

In fact you could claim for all the damage caused.

So no, you do not have to pay it back.