12826847

BT cancellation charges are they legal?

Customer Question

BT cancellation charges are they legal?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

how long have you held a contract for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 years plus
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thanks. What are the circumstances of the cancellation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The circumstances of cancellation are constant buffering and internet disconnection.
Last month the phone line stopped work and I tried to sort the problem following all the steps someone on the other side told me to do, nothing worked.
The person on duty on that time told me that a technician needed to came and have a look to the problem making me ware that I could have a charge of £100 if they find out that the problem was my fault.
Took me less time to switch to another provider than try to sort the problem since then I am without phone line and paying for a service that a can use.
When they had the notice from the new provider that I was planning to move they start send me messages that I have to pay this charge. What I do if I am sure that is legal, but in my opinion this is just a rip-off.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

A better question is this.

1 how long was your contract?

2 Did you try to leave during it's term?