12826847

Argos failed to tell me that the office 365 product could

Customer Question

Argos failed to tell me that the office 365 product could not be refunded. After I saw it was £60 for the year I didn't want it but the customer service assistant had activated it without my knowledge. As a result I couldn't change it for a different deal at the same price but with mcafee as an extra. The manager told me that the nearest item to my product had been shown. It's not his task to research the item. He said he is not obliged to tell me the product is non refundable. Even though the computers I bought were also non refundable and she told me that. I asked to raise complaint but he wouldn't accommodate that and responded by saying "what for". The tone was aggressive. He told me if he provided every customer with help choosing the right product the queue would be out the door
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Am I right? Should they inform customers a product is non refundable
Have they a duty to ensure that there is information about the product
James told me I can't complain because I have no complaint
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello jo are you there?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Well, no product is refundable automatically unless you agreed rights of cancellation.

A refund is only an option if there is a fault bringing it within the Consumer Rights Act. This isn't the position here. You just don't particularly want the product. There would not be a refund available in those circumstances in law unless you had agreed rights of cancellation. They would never have agreed though so it is academic.

Therefore, I'm afraid he is correct. Unless the product is faulty in some way a refund is not automatically available.

Sorry if that is bad news.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Why did Argos tell me the computers were non refundable but omitted that the software was also. Surely the seller has a duty to tell the customer that the product is being activated at the till. It's now into the 12 months. I am not even going to install it until the new year. That can't be right?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Probably because there is no obligation to tell you anything at all.

The presumption is that products are not refundable save for the circumstances above.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok. Just not the best goods provider then. I will be sending back their card. Manager was aggressive an threatening. I told Argos. Thank you jo
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

No problem.

All the best.