Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I p aid in full for sofa looked awful in the room. It has

Customer Question

I p
aid in full for sofa looked awful in the room. It has been returned.
Paid £911 they'll only refund £455 I didn't mind paying for incurred
costs but is £456 excessive? I notified them immediately .
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you order this online or in a shop?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
In the shop

Its bad news I am afraid. Unless the contract states otherwise they dont have to take it back. You can only change your mind if it was ordered at a distance, ie online.

As it was not then you cant just cancel and change your mind. However I will outline the process for you anyway:

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.