12826847

We have a child arrangement order for our grandson, his

Customer Question

we have a child arrangement order for our grandson, his mother [not our daughter] has a mental illness. she has supervised contact with an agency, they were supposed to provide us with a care plan which has been in place for two years, but havnt, they say it needs "finalising" because of a small change. we believe she is not fully functional at the moment, so said until we get the relevant information, contact could only take place with us supervising, her solicitor say we would be breaching the court order, we believe this is a matter of us protecting him. we were supposed to receive updates on her mental health from her care coordinator, on instruction from the court, but have not. we have had childrens social services contact us to verify he is still in our care after kent police voiced concerns as to her behaviour.
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question

i shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

How old is the Child and why are you no longer happy with the Agency supervising her contact?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
At a court hearing in August it was agreed we should be made privy to the care plan as we believe not all relevant information was passed on. we were supposed to be kept informed as to mums mental state by her care coordinator, who has not been in touch for weeks and now we discover she is on a sebaticle. we don't believe the agency are aware of all facts, as care plan has been in effect for two yeas and is not readily available. Alfie is just six.
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Ok

What is the pattern of contact - and what has changed?