Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

If one is a british citizen residing in the UK.Is also a Us

Customer Question

If one is a british citizen residing in the UK.Is also a Us citizen and has a US warrant of arrest.If the person flies to the Philippines , can one be arrested at the manila airport and extradited back to the US for the warrant of arrest
Expert:  Buachaill replied 9 months ago.

1. Dear Pilar Baker, I regret to say that you could be arrested at Manilia airport and extradited back to the US if there is a warrant of arrest out in the USA for you. This is because the Philippines is an old colony of the USA and links are close. So, you run the risk that if you turn up in the Philippines they will look through the records they have from the US and set in motion proceedings to extradite you. So I would suggest you either seek to deal with the warrant of arrest or else consider going to an alternative location which is not so close to the USA.

2. Please Accept or rate the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not get paid by the website for answering your question.