29905560

I am a self employed taxi driver who is trying to find out

Customer Question

I am a self employed taxi driver who is trying to find out if I can claim constructive dismissal on the grounds that the company I work for has been bullying me constantly especially the night managers.tonight the manager disabled me from the system for work and after an hour logged me back on I felt this embarrassing and didn't feel like working hence it was Saturday night the prime time for work is there anything you may do for me much appreciated
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What are the reasons for the bullying?

Hi there, the issue is hat as a self employed worker you are not protected against constructive dismissal as this is something only employees can claim. So if you are genuinely self employed you would not have the right to make such a claim. Instead you would have to rely on breach of contract, such as if you had some guarantee that you would be given work or put on the system and they have failed to do so and in turn have acted in breach of contract. In these circumstances it could be possible to argue that the contract between you and them had been breached and entitle you to leave and seek compensation. Other circumstances could be when you havre been discriminated, so if for example t=what they did was because of your race, religion, gender, etc that could be discrimination which is something you are protected against even if you are self employed.

Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars. I can continue answering follow up questions and in particular can also discuss the options you have on taking this further and how to do it. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can still continue this discussion. Thank you

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my response should be visible on this page. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail? In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you