chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Identity fraud in my name, i am being pursued to repay a

Customer Question

Identity fraud in my name, i am being pursued to repay a credit agreement from Lowell Finance (C/O Vanquis Bank) who approved a credit application in 2013 based purely on My first and last name and DOB, no checks were carried out by the bank on Address of the claim (not my address) or the employment details given (Not my employer) i have given Lowell Finance all relevant details and believe they are ignoring these facts which clearly provide evidence there is no doubt this is Fraud, this has had a huge negative impact on my current business and i want to pursue a claim for damages against Vanquis Bank, lowell Finance and Argos open market who through there own incompetence have allowed this to happen, i believe there were no checks done prior to this credit approval.
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 10 months ago.

What exactly is your question?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Lowell Finance are trying to make me pay a credit debt that is fraudulent, I have raised this with them and asked for all th credit details which I have now received, the information is wrong apart from my name and DOB nothing on the application is correct this has now been going on for over 7 months, Lowell even with the facts are trying to bully me into paying a debt that is not mine.

Have you reported the matter to the Financial Ombudsman?

What about the police?