12826847

A neighbour with a history of harrasment to my 81 year old

Customer Question

A neighbour with a history of harrasment to my 81 year old mum who now has dementia, has complained about builders I have employed that are in the process erecting as much needed garden wallls (non party)and much steps for safe access.
From experience she has a habit of making complaints and follows it up with treatng the individual with itimidation disrespect and anti social behavour. She has complainedabout dust and the length of time they are taking. The buildiders have offered to make amends at their cost, but continues to be unreasonable. I feel she is intimidating the builders to such an extent they may down tools and leave.
As she any rights to stop them carrying out the job I have employed them to do?
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 8 months ago.

You and the builder can report this to the police as harassment.

You are entitled to to carry out the works on your land. in order to stop you/your builder would be by injunction. your neighbour would have to go to court for an order and claim the works cause nuisance. the neighbour would have to claim that the works are causing unreasonable interference with the neighbour's use and enjoyment of their land.