12826847

I have accepted a written quote from a small company to do

Customer Question

I have accepted a written quote from a small company to do some work to my house. A member of staff came to start work but left the job without informing me. After several attempts to contact them, I have received notification that said member of staff has found work elsewhere, the other is going on holiday next Monday and is unable to do the work. Where do I stand legally ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need to get my house on the market quickly, as I told the person who quoted, so I either need them to employ a company who can complete the work asap, as promised, or compensate me for breach of contract. I was promised the work would be done and his company was completely trustworthy, therefore I stopped my search for tradesmen. I now have to spend more time searching and taking days off work to meet people to give me quotes. The property market is buoyant in January and February, I have little hope of getting my house up for sale then, now I have been let down.

You want to get the work done? Did you sign a contract, if so did it say when it would be completed?