How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 30929
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I need help please. I just recently moved to the U.K. from

Customer Question

Hi! I need help please. I just recently moved to the U.K. from Canada with my 2 kids. My husband and I had been separated for a few months but he decided to follow so to be able to see the boys. We had a separation agreement back in Canada. I have tried to accommodate his schedule every time even though he doesn't help with the costs as much as he promised. This past weekend our youngest who is 1 yr old was sick and i had asked him if he could let him stay home. He instead decided to take them to London (we live in a different city) and didn't tell me. He lives in an Airbnb here and has refused to give me details of how long he will be here in England so I can put the kids in a routine. He changes days weekly, and it is hard on the boys. What is my recourse? I feel like he may try and take them away.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I don't want to restrict access at all, I just want to understand what options I have should he decide to take them without my knowledge. And if I can get any sense of what to do as soon as possible. I feel that he is irrational and trying to sabotage my career - he emails and texts so many time and can't let me work! I am a PhD Student and just started school, but he is already asking when I go back to Canada. He is the one who took the decision to end the marriage and I really want to know how I can deal with him as to protect myself and the children
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Is anyone there please?
Expert:  Clare replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How long have you been in the UK and for clarity - you had his permission to move here with the Children?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I arrived here sept 10, 2016. Yes i had his permission, written in the separation agreement.
Expert:  Clare replied 6 days ago.

What does the agreement say about contact?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That i am the primary carer of the children and their residence for the duration of my studies. That their father was going to try and look for work here and we will revisit after he does. But he has refused to give any details of what he is doing, shows up when he wants, sometimes calls, some other times doesn't for weeks. And now, with him taking them to London without telling me, I am not sure what the recourse is.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Also, he gave me the schedule for just October. Since then, it has been weekly or daily. It is not working for me or the kids. How and what can I do to get a better arrangement?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Anyone there?
Expert:  Clare replied 6 days ago.

My apologies for the delay.

What happens if you refuse to agree when he requests contact?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Not sure I understand the question
Expert:  Clare replied 5 days ago.

What happens when he asks for contact but you say no

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice