12826847

I need help please. I just recently moved to the U.K. from

Customer Question

Hi! I need help please. I just recently moved to the U.K. from Canada with my 2 kids. My husband and I had been separated for a few months but he decided to follow so to be able to see the boys. We had a separation agreement back in Canada. I have tried to accommodate his schedule every time even though he doesn't help with the costs as much as he promised. This past weekend our youngest who is 1 yr old was sick and i had asked him if he could let him stay home. He instead decided to take them to London (we live in a different city) and didn't tell me. He lives in an Airbnb here and has refused to give me details of how long he will be here in England so I can put the kids in a routine. He changes days weekly, and it is hard on the boys. What is my recourse? I feel like he may try and take them away.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't want to restrict access at all, I just want to understand what options I have should he decide to take them without my knowledge. And if I can get any sense of what to do as soon as possible. I feel that he is irrational and trying to sabotage my career - he emails and texts so many time and can't let me work! I am a PhD Student and just started school, but he is already asking when I go back to Canada. He is the one who took the decision to end the marriage and I really want to know how I can deal with him as to protect myself and the children
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is anyone there please?
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How long have you been in the UK and for clarity - you had his permission to move here with the Children?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I arrived here sept 10, 2016. Yes i had his permission, written in the separation agreement.
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

What does the agreement say about contact?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That i am the primary carer of the children and their residence for the duration of my studies. That their father was going to try and look for work here and we will revisit after he does. But he has refused to give any details of what he is doing, shows up when he wants, sometimes calls, some other times doesn't for weeks. And now, with him taking them to London without telling me, I am not sure what the recourse is.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Also, he gave me the schedule for just October. Since then, it has been weekly or daily. It is not working for me or the kids. How and what can I do to get a better arrangement?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Anyone there?
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

My apologies for the delay.

What happens if you refuse to agree when he requests contact?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Not sure I understand the question
Expert:  Clare replied 8 months ago.

What happens when he asks for contact but you say no