Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

I am trying to my grandaughter and the fostering commuter

Customer Question

I am trying to foster my grandaughter and the fostering commuter have told me I have to reduce my hours to be accepted through panel which is the firest week of January I work as an assistant manager for a care agency and have been told by them to do that all they can offer me is bank carer on 0 hours I am currently contracted to 40 hours a week all I need is 2 months to get through panel and ensure my grandaughter is not takem and put with strangers hoe do I stand on keeping my job but reducing my hours and contract
Sharon
Expert:  Jenny replied 9 months ago.

Hello Sharon my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. How long have you worked for your employer for?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Unfortunatley only 6 months so am aware I won't be covered by employment law
Expert:  Jenny replied 9 months ago.

Have you asked your employer if they will agree to this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am waiting for an answer which they should have given me Monday
Expert:  Jenny replied 9 months ago.

How old is your granddaughter?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
She was 5 in September and has been wirh me since the end of June
Expert:  Jenny replied 9 months ago.

thanks, ***** ***** have worked there 26 weeks which you have if you have been there 6 months you have a right to request flexible working arrangements under employment law. The employer must agree to a change in your working hours unless it has a good business reason not to if you have parental responsibilities for a child in your home.

I would imagine the reason they are taking time to come back to you is that they are taking advice on it.

Expert:  Jenny replied 9 months ago.

Hello Sharon is there anything further you would like to know? If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would be so kind as to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.