12826847

I want to know how to word my statement for ST1 on adverse

Customer Question

I want to know how to word my statement for ST1 on adverse possession
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: a property unregistered, attached to mine, never finished, just a brick shell with a garden full of rubble
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the property is an unfinished house attached to my house, it is just brick walls with no floors or ceilings, I have the only access as |I put on locks, I have used the land to dispose of my garden waste. I maintain as it is is overgrown and dangerous as there is a lot of rubble in the garden. I have to deal with rats from it and now I am getting damp.I have owned my property for 22 years and this has always been like this and no one ever goes to it. I store my wood and coal in there and garden furniture
Expert:  Clare replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Who actually owns the property?

Have you maintained it and used it other than for waste?

When did you change the locks?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
it is unregistered, I do not know who owns it as no one comes to it, the locks were changed about 14 years ago, as I said I have my coal bunker in there, my wood store and garden furniture
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

What steps have you taken to trace the Owners

Have you fenced the property to ensure your sole occupation?