Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am a director of a business ( a coffee shop) set up in

Customer Question

I am a director of a business ( a coffee shop) set up in April 2016. The premises is on my land and I did not issue lease, as I was joint director. I took responsibilty for the installment of services, including drainage, gas electricity etc. and agreed to personally make payment of services for first year to eighteen months, to enable the coffee shop to get on his feet. the building is a new build made from shipping containers. (not financed by the business, but by another company that the other partner owns) - no paperwork for this linked to business - the Other partner was responsible for putting that in place. The other director has closed the coffee shop down without informing me. If nothing is in written can you advise me on where we stand with the structure? what rights do we/he have?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I assume you want to take control of the containers?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
as nothing in writing and he has closed up and cleared contents

Ok, if the business has closed, just post on the container a notice saying you are taking possession in 30 days.

If there is no response and there probably wont be, you can take possession.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok - what if he wants to come onto our land to move it - can we deny him access onto our land

Yes. He has gone and you dont have a lease with him

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
perfect thank you

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!