12826847

I was working for a company as a HGV driver and in my first

Customer Question

I was working for a company as a HGV driver and in my first week of training, had an a puncture to one of the trucks rear steer tyres. This was an accident as I made a slight manoeuvre to avoid hitting a double decker bus which was slightly over the white maker lines on the road.
The day beore I was due to start work on the second week, I received a text stating I was no longer required in his employ, that I caused more damage to his truck and that I was negligent. He has not paid me for the previous weeks work and I have contacted him to enquire why. He is threatening to send me the bill for the damage to his vehicle.
At the time of working, I had someone with me who was training me in the use of the computer for delivering cement/concrete, who confirms the events that happened, although he is reluctant to comment as it is his salary at risk.
What is the course of action for me, as I feel very upset, stressed and anxious about the action being taken against me.
regards
Tony Lamb
01202 922199 /***********
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello Tony my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this

How much are you owed please?