propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

I have a joint commercial mortgage that i have paid for 8

Customer Question

hi
i have a joint commercial mortgage that i have paid for 8 yrs now with no contribution from the other party as we went our own way 5 yrs ago.
i have tried in the past to remove him from the mortgage as i pay it but the bank 9 Natwest ) couldnt do this.
however the bank rang me a while ago telling me my ex buisness partner had gone bankrupt which i didnt know, the bank manager informed me to my surprise i can have him taken off the mortgage now.
he tried explaining to me why but i got lost in all the Jargon.
he told me to get a solicitor to ring him and he would advise how to go around it, is this something you can do
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately not. this is a question and answer service only.

You will need to instruct a solicitor to handle your matter.