29905560

I've paid and signed a contract for goods which have not

Customer Question

I've paid and signed a contract for goods which have not been delivered as agreed, what are my options?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Please can you provide some more information and let me know how long ago you agreed to the contract?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, I agreed to the contract on the 21/11. IT wasn't agreed the the goods would be delivered yesterday but we're not. I've tried contacting the seller but they will not respond to me and have my money.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry, I mean it was agreed that it would be delivered yesterday.

How did you buy the goods; was it online or in-store?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It was online between myself and another person.

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Thanks for your patience. Strictly speaking you can argue that the other party has acted in breach of contract of a specific date was agreed but the goods have not arrived. They have basically failed to fulfil their part of the contract. However, do not jump of accusing them of breach of contract and try to see what the possible reasons for non-delivery are. For example could it be something to do with the postal services or couriers or something outside of the seller’s control. I know you have tried to contact with no luck but keep trying. If it appears that they are not going to respond and you have tried in numerous occasions then I suggest you start taking some more formal steps. Eventually it is possible for you to take the matter further for formal resolution and to try and get back the money you paid for the goods, which you never received. You do have rights in this respect but do try and resolve this initially directly with the seller and try to determine what may have caused these issues. Only if this more informal approach does not resolve matters should you be taking more formal steps to pursue this.

Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars. I can continue answering follow up questions and in particular can also discuss the steps you must follow if you are to pursue this more formally. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can still continue this discussion. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail? In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.