31090051

I'm currently going through an Order Of Sale of my property

Customer Question

I'm currently going through an Order Of Sale of my property which has been difficult over the Christmas period as my locks were changed and I had no access to my belongings during this time. The redemption figure was set at £21, 748.52 by the solicitor in charge of the property. Anyway with the help of my family and a small loan, I was able to send £22,000 to the solicitor in question. Although now he's saying the redemption figure has changed and he is currently awaiting feed back from the contractors  (the estate agent they are using) for any work done. I feel there should not be much of a cost, as work would of only started after the Christmas period and stopped once receipt of payment on the 9th January 2017 confirmed. Plus the fact I sent them more than what was owed originally. Help please..
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

Have they given you the keys back yet?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No. The estate agent in question still has them.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not able to accept a call now. Although any advice would help
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

There will be a small daily rate of interest on the mortgage account, the estate agent will charge a cancellation fee. Presumably there is a home survey. The locksmith will be £200 or so. The solicitors will have fees. It's difficult to know without seeing papers but £1500 perhaps? Less the extra you sent them. The solicitor should not, however, be delaying in this as they haven't given you the keys and you should be entitled to take the house back given the arrears are settled, subject to the additional amount which they should be giving you immediately.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Do you feel I should request my keys? As I'm the one contacting him for any updates
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

Yes I do and if he says that you can't get him until he has the final figure you have to tell him that is up to him and that any competent solicitor would have got that information immediately so as to get this resolved and you back into your house.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I share your response after what I've been through Although I do feel if I come across this way, the fees and cost may be greater due to the fact it is down to him.
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

Be as diplomatic as you feel you need to be but you do want your keys back.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the main point. Thank you. I will call him and request my keys and hear his response.
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

You're welcome. Don't forget to leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I will.. Thank you again..