12826847

How can I obtain crown court transcripts for the purpose of

How can I obtain crown court transcripts for the purpose of an appeal? Who should request them from the court?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Can you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
a friend of mine has been sentences in Crown Court and I've gathered new evidence against what the victim said in court, proving she was not telling the truth. I have spoken to a barrister and she advised she would need court transcripts in order for her to cross check those evidence since she wasn't involved in the case during the trial. I have emailed court asking for the approval to release the transcription however was advised the request must come direct from her solicitors or counsel who must (a) explain the purpose for which the transcript is required and (b) give an undertaking to pay for it. I've emailed the same to the paralegal of the barrister and she's advised she's found a transcriber and if I was interested she could request a quote. I have googled it and found a transcriber myself and I was wondering if this way will be sufficient.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Yes, any transcriber would be fine.

The court transcript is the court transcript. As long as it is obtained it doesn't much matter which is used.

However, the reality is that you would still need to go through the same procedure - explain the procedure and pay for it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
in reality I don't need to go through solicitor to obtain the documents I can take it up directly with the transcriber am I right?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

Well, a request can be made by an agency other than a solicitor but you need to comply with the other features.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what features would they be?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 6 months ago.

explain the need for the transcript and pay for it.