31090051

I wonder if you could help please. I entered into a Scottish

Hello, I wonder if you could help please.
I entered into a Scottish Protected Trust Deed in April 2010 which was for a period of 3yrs
This was completed in May 2013 and I received confirmation that all was completed satisfactory and Trust deed was closed in November 2013
I have just been informed by a Credit Card company that they paid a PPI claim direct to the Trust Deed company without my knowledge 2yrs later in November 2015.
Do they have the right to hold on to this money 2yrs after Trust Deed was closed
Keith Jewell
Expert:  JGM replied 8 months ago.

No I am a solicitor in Scotland and I don't think they can do this. There is a case on this in England which says so. Unfortunately there isn't a definitive answer just now as the case is being appealed but you should intimate a claim to the Trustee that you are seeking return of the monies received from the PPI claim. I will post the name of the case for you. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Expert:  JGM replied 8 months ago.

Green v Wright is the name of the case. https://www.stephensons.co.uk/site/news_and_events/uptodatenews/voluntary_arrangements_precedent_set_at_high_court