12826847

My partner was arrested last night for common assault on

My partner was arrested last night for common assault on myself due to a witness seeing an "incident" happen through our bedroom window. I told the officer nothing happened and he was arrested and charged this morning. He has a court date due this week but without any concrete evidence from my behalf only this woman supposedly seeing an incident happen, can he still be found guilty? Will I have to attend court too if I've already told the police I don't want any part of it/ it didn't happen?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Hi - how can I help please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi have you received my query?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is confusing have you received my original question?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you there
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello?My partner was arrested last night for common assault on myself due to a witness seeing an "incident" happen through our bedroom window. I told the officer nothing happened and he was arrested and charged this morning. He has a court date due this week but without any concrete evidence from mybehalf only this woman supposedly seeing an incident happen, can he still be found guilty? Will I have to attend court too if I've already told the police I don't want any part of it/ it didn't happen?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

The reason you are experiencing delay is that you keep posting before I have responded which pushes the question to the back of my list.

Who called the police?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Oh sorry. An eye witness neighbour
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Ok. Have you made a statement?

Or signed the officer's notes?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Well, they could prosecute on the basis of the evidence of the eye witness. I have to say that it would be helpful if people didn't stick their noses into things that had nothing to do with them and concentrated perhaps on getting a job and being a useful member of society.

However, they could prosecute him.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

You won't be required to attend.

You are not a witness in this case.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I know!! I hate nosey people. With it being common assault he couldn't actually go to prison for this could he?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Yes, I know. If they were busy with work and hobbies they would not have time to get involved in other people's rows. It is just that they are bored.

Common assault does carry custody but he won't get custody.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I know!!!! Who even stands there watching or listening to other peoples' rows I'm personally too busy/not interested. Have too much time on their hands. Ok that's good thanks so much for your help!