12826847

I put my pet dog up for adoption on Friday Morning with a

I put my pet dog up for adoption on Friday Morning with a pet charity who were going to re home her I made £100 donation to the charity I realise I have made a mistake 48 hours later and I want my dog back can I insist they had her back to me what are my options?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

Did you agree cancellation rights?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No these were never discussed we spoke on the telephone and we met up at a motorway cafe they are a national charity
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
we did sign some very basic paperwork which described the dog however it was not explained to us and we were not given a copy of anything.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 8 months ago.

In that case, I'm afraid there is no challenge.

However much our dogs mean to us, they are property.

You handed him over to the rescue. He cannot be recovered in law unless you agreed specific rights of cancellation which you did not.

It was not for them to explain the paperwork I'm afraid. It was for you to read it.

I'm very sorry.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you Jo I understand the situation fully now this clarifies things for us many thanks for your time.Kind regards Paul