29905560

Alex, Further to my last enquiry, concerning a proposed

Hello Alex,Further to my last enquiry, concerning a proposed employment claim, I would like to know if
A FSB legal expense cover for defending my claim for unfair dismissal costs would be covered as part of my membership benefits which are included.Thanks,Regards,Gerry Burby
Customer: replied 2 months ago.

hi I have not received a response from my last question, Why? Gerry ***

Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My apologies for the delay in responding I was travelling on business. Is this an insurance policy that you took out? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Alex,
The cover is mentioned in the terms and conditions as a benefit included as a member of the FSB membership.
This is only for defending me.
Gerry
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I prefer to a chat response please
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 months ago.

No problem. If it is defence only is is very unlikely that you will be able to use it to bring a claim. How much is the claim worth? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Alex,
It would not be for a claim so it would only be needed if there is any counter claim.
The claim is being discussed at this stage and I am not sure if it will be a employment dispute or a severance under payment value issue.
Gerry
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Alex,
An ACAS mediator, has suggested that this is a Age and /or a disability descrimination issue. However the company did allow me to continue work on a flexible 3 day week basis, so they do not consider it to be a disability claim and will dispute it. The company say it made changes to assist me with my medical condition and the treatment.
My question is do I have a claim for unfair exit terms in respect of the amount offered for me to exit from the company and also exit during my treatment for cancer and macular eye treatment
which restricted my driving during the treatment.
Thanks,
Gerry
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can anyone answer my last question regarding a exit settlement claim.Thanks,
Gerry
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. I am going to refer this to an employment expert. My apologies for the delay. I originally believed this to be solely insurance related. Kind regards AJ

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** my colleague has asked me to assist with your query as it is more my area of law.

How much are you being offered and why do you think it is unfair?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Ben
Thanks for your reply, I have already been offered and received a settlement, which I was offered. The offer was non negotiable and the alternative was to reject it. However if I regected the offer, I was told that there not be a better offer in the future and would not becin my interests to refuse the offer going forward, the savings made by my exit was to invest more into the company for increasing sales.
I was Shareholder and board member with equal voting rights as the other 2 directors.
I is there any way I can ask for an additional amount to reflect the value of my leaving the company would bring to the company future?ThanksGerry
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

the issue with asking for that is that whilst you are entirely within your rights to do so, if this was to go to tribunal it will not take these factors into consideration when assessing what compensaiotn you may be entitled to. So in effect this is going to be a private negotiaiton between you and the employer but they are not obliged to offer you such an increment and if you rejected their offer and went to tribunal, such an increment will not be awarded by it. Hope this clarifies?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Ben,
Thanks for your answer.RegardsGerry
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 month ago.

You are most welcome and all the best

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'