12826847

My 18 year old son walked to the pub, walked home after 6

Customer Question

My 18 year old son walked to the pub, walked home after 6 units and thought it would be a good idea to go for a drive, but he can't really remember making that decision, (he has only just passed his test-less that 2 months.) He is a very inexperienced drinker, 6 foot tall, but only 9 stone 3 lbs. He crashed the car( it rolled 4 times and he was trapped under it and had to be rescued by a fire crew,) but there was nobody else in the car and no other vehicles involved, it was a very quiet road on Dartmoor. He was taken to hospital where the police breathalysed him (twice over the limit) and took a blood sample. He escaped unharmed, the police said it was a " miracle" he was alive. This is completely out of character for him, he is a good student and a national standard runner who had won the Local Mayoral award last year for his achievements (he has won a couple of regional photographic competition and as good role model for other students,) so I am sure he will get good character references from his school.
What sort of penalty should he expect? He has not been interviewed by the police yet as they are waiting for the blood alcohol content results. Does he need legal representation during that first interview?
Kind regards,
Annie
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

Do you know what his breath reading was?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not exactly, he was still in casualty strapped up to monitors when it was taken. The police just said over twice the legal limit. He finished drinking at 11.30pm, he then went for a walk with his friends on the moors until 1am. He then walked back to our house about a mile and a half and took the car keys whilst we were sleeping. Does it help his case that when sober he made the decision not to drive to the pub?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Land line number: 01822 853815
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 months ago.

I have made an offer.