Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Do I have a legal right to know who my children are spending

Customer Question

Do I have a legal right to know who my children are spending time with 100% of the time even whilst they are in the care of their father?
Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm:

-is there a court order regarding the children, if so what?

-how old are the children?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
we are currently in the process of agreeing childcare arrangements via solicitors once my husband moves out at the end of may. There is no court order.The children are 6 and 7
Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for confirming. When the children are with the father, if it is unsupervised contact, the father will be able to take the children to wherever and whomever he wishes unless there are specific restrictions in the order or agreement as this will be seen as interference with his time with the children and he would have a right to refuse you such information.

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for but if you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My question was 'do I have a right to know where and who with' I realise he is able to go wherever with whoever but can I legally insist that I am told these details rather than be told by him that I have no right to know any details
Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

Unfortunately, no you have no such right unless it is specified in a court order.

Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.