ukvisasolutions
ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Experience:  Immigration Solicitor
85266915

Both me and my Ex are on Tier 2 work visa(Both doctors) and

Customer Question

Hi, Both me and my Ex are on Tier 2 work visa(Both doctors) and have divorced and received my decree absolute.I have remarried to a british citizen through religious ceremony and want to register it to a civil marriage.Can you please help me as to how to get it done?
Expert:  ukvisasolutions replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your query.

To get married, your partner and you both need to go to your Registrar to give the notice to get married.

Under the new law, you will have to wait for 70 days to clear before you can get married. During this process, your relationship could be assessed via marriage interview with the Home Office. If the Home Office has no issues or they conduct an interview with you and your partner, and they have no issues, then you get married. Once you are married, you will need to satisfy Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules.

More information can be found here:

https://www.gov.uk/marriages-civil-partnerships/foreign-national

Please do not forget to rate my answer.

Expert:  ukvisasolutions replied 3 months ago.

Please kindly rate my answer