Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I am the director/owner of a company can i transfer the

i am the director/owner of a company can i transfer the domain ownership of my company into another ? as i can see potential financial problems ahead ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Are you selling it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no i want to protect it if the current co fails ? im not saying it will but want to have worse case covered

Ok - you need to sell it or have something to shows its been transferred as an asset.

Otherwise it may be argued that you are just trying to avoid creditors.

So you can sell it and have it leased back, but just not transfer it without any paperwork

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is there a time factor a creditor would deem as being ok/not ok with the transfer ?

Within a year generally

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 months ago.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!