Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My wife paid for parking on her company car park but put in

my wife paid for parking on her company car park but put in the wrong car reg last October and she received a parking fine. unfortunately she did not do anything thinking it must be a mistake on their part. Then she received a solicitors letter about a week ago and decided to tell me. When i checked the ticket i saw she had got the last three letters of the reg wrong so they thought she had not paid. She kept the ticket but what i want to ask is if they say it has gone to long is it worth contesting it or should i just pay the £160 they are asking for. i have spoken to the solicitors and sent a copy of the ticket my wife bought.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

I assume she has never appealed the ticket?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi Jamie
thats correct
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
can i cancel the phone call please

Sure. I have just been in Court.

What I can say is that she does owe the money. She can take it to Court if she wishes but is likely to lose.

She could have appealed the ticket and if rejected gone to POPLA the independent appeals body.

But she did not and accepts the registration number was wrong.

Sadly I think on that basis the sums are payable as its too late to contest now, but even if she did, its the wrong reg number,

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No thank you
Thats pretty much what i feared.

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!