12826847

I signed as garrantor for my granddaughter for a flat rental

Customer Question

i signed as garrantor for my granddaughter for a flat rental she had to leave for personal reasons she made an offer for payment because she broke the contract the owner refused this offer and went to court the court agreed to the payment now the flat owner is asking me as garrantor what i agreed to pay i would like to know if i have to pay as my granddaughter is now paying this dept
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
have i still got to pay
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
my grandaughter is paying this bill through a court order can the owner of the flat still come to me for payment also

Sorry I was just in Court. When you say the owner refused the offer - was this for full payment?