12826847

I was working ltd for a company offshore, before I started

Customer Question

I was working ltd for a company offshore, before I started to work for them I was sent an e-mail stating that the work would last for 3 weeks, this I accepted, once I got offshore working they sent me a contract to sign saying that they could end the assignment anytime they wanted to, totally different to what was in the e-mail, I spent 13 days offshore and was told that I had to leave the offshore platform because of bed space, they have since told me I will not get paid for the remaining days, can they do this
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Did you challenge the contract which was issued or did you just accept it?

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Did you challenge the contract which was issued or did you just accept it?