Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have a question regarding the csa and maintenance. Do you

I have a question regarding the csa and maintenance. Do you deal with those issues please
Tony
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your enquiry - please confirm what the issue is and your question and I should be able to assist

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi . Just need to confirm first, is this costing me £27 for every question I ask ?
Expert:  Harris replied 5 months ago.

No - it is a single payment

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Harris. My issue with the csa is ; last may I called them to tell them my son is no longer in further ed ( he was 19 then) and do I need to continue paying maintenance. I was told yes until my ex partner informs them of the change. I told them she was hardly likely to do that and they said they would do a family allowance check but I would still have to pay until the end of summer term. I said ok and continued with d/d payments. I was told to phone back beginning of September. I did and they still hadn't checked. Was told to call back in a weeks time. I did and was told it could take a further few weeks to find out but to still keep paying maintenance. I did .it wasn't until 7th oct that they told me to cancel my d/d payments, which I did after being assured numerous times it was ok to do so , and the I had made £599.22 in overpayments and did I want to claim it back. Obviously I said yes but were they correct because I know from past experiences how incompetent they are. I was assured numerous times it was correct and I would get the money back by xmas and my case was now closed. I was told this verbally and in letters which I have. I received the money in my account just before Xmas and then out of the blue 6 months later I receive a letter stating I am £600 in arrears and I need to pay them back. They have been phoning me telling me I need to pay the arrears and sending letters. I asked them how I can be in arrears when I was in credit last year because surely its impossible to be in credit and in arrears at the same time and why 6 months after my case is closed it's being opened again. They won't say anything other than I'm in arrears and I need to pay. I have asked them to send me audio copies of all of my phone conversations dating back to may last year. I have written a detailed letter to their complaints team outlining all my issues with them and the despicable way they have dealt with me . Do you have any further advice or suggestions. These people are killing me.
Expert:  Harris replied 4 months ago.

Apologies for the delay. The CSA are not very helpful and their systems and operations have been criticised by a lot of users. You have done all you can do and I would suggest that you continue to chase them regarding your complaint.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you